Teachers' Eligibility Test (TET), 2019
(1) Secondary TET (Medium wise)
Syllabus : Medium wise
Advt. for Assamese Medium
Advt. for Bengali Medium
Advt. for Bodo Medium
Advt. for Hindi Medium
Advt. for Manipuri Medium
Click here to apply online
(2) Lower Primary and Upper Primary level
Please select the link(s) for further information:
Public Notice (New)
Syllabus : Lower Primary Upper Primary
To Login Screen, please select any one of the following links:
a) Link : 1
b) Link : 2
The TET (already conducted):
- As per the mandate of RTE Act, the Government of Assam , Department of Elementary Education had decided to conduct Teachers' Eligibility Test with the objective of recruiting meritorious and qualified teachers following the guidelines and norms of National Council of Teacher Education( NCTE).
- The notification of the NCTE which is the designated Academic Authority under RTE Act, 2009, viz. F.No.61-03/20/2010/NCTE (N&S) dtd 23.08.2010 amended vide F.No.61-1/2011/NCTE(N &S) dated 29th July ,2011 which prescribes the minimum qualification – both academic and professional, for a person to be eligible for appointment as a Teacher and one of the essential qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any schools referred to in clause(n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that he/she should pass Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the guideline framed by NCTE.
- National Council of Teacher Education vide No. 76-4/2010/NCTE/Acad dtd 11.02.2011 has laid down the guidelines for conducting the Teachers' Eligibility Test (TET) under Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009.
- Pursuant to this and in order to ensure the intake of meritorious persons as Teachers, and thereby improve the quality of classroom transaction and teaching as a whole,TET was conducted in Assam and a committee, known as Empowered Committee on TET was constituted and notified.
- To bring about a perspective change in the education sector and to bring about quality in education, Government of Assam has conducted six number of TET so far in which 88571 candidates qualified. The Teachers Eligibility Test for Siksha Mitra and Additional Siksha Mitra on the 19th of October, 2014 .
- The following table shows the Status of Phase wise TET qualified candidates:
||Phase wise TET
||1st TET- 2012 (10.01.2012)
||6th Schedule TET (19.12.2012)
||SM/ASM TET (23.03.2013)
||Medium TET-2014 (01.02.2014)
||Reserved Category TET for SC/ST (02.07.2014)
||Final Phase of SM/ASM TET(19.10.2014)