Arohan in brief is a Mentor-Mentee programme for meritorious student of Secondary classes of Government schools envisioned by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam. AROHAN is the programme – about taking everyone along, about handholding & support, about giving back to society.
AROHAN – means Ascent. A properly mentored and guided upcoming generation shall be the strength and asset of the society and the future of Assam and our Nation’s pride. Under the AROHAN the talented students in the age group of 13 to 18 years of the class-IX-XII will be provided support through mentoring/ counseling for career progression, exposure and incentive either cash or kinds.
4326 were registered in Arohan scheme during 2022-23 including 97 are Tea Garden Model Schools and 72 are Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas. The mapping of Mentor and Mentee completed against 4307 schools.
The Mentors: Senior Government Officials both serving and retired, alumni of school, student studying for a post graduate degree or above at an esteemed university, entrepreneur with his/her own business, professionals/corporate with original domicile of Assam serving anywhere in India or abroad can be a mentor. The Deputy Commissioner / Principal Secretary (in case of 6th Schedule districts) is the Chief Mentor in the district.
Activities under Arohan during 2022-23:
- Launch of ‘Arohan’ portal -(arohan-ssa.assam.gov.in).
- 4307 Mentees (students) and mapping completed for all the Mentees.
- 1st batch Exposure visit has been organized for Charaideo and Sivasagar districts from 31st January to 3rd February, 2023.
- A total of 202 meritorious students of Class-IX and 10 Guide teachers of these districts visited various premier institutions & organisations in Guwahati.
- Students have benefitted through interactive sessions with army officers, a visit to Bio-Tech Park, IIT Guwahati, participating in the exhibition held at Narengi Military Station, attending career counselling sessions at Assam Administrative Staff College, visiting to Regional Science Centre and Planetarium.
- An Interactive session was also organized with the Hon’ble Chief of Minister, Assam, Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma at Hotel Taj Vivanta, Guwahati. 25 Tablets were distributed to the Mentee by the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Assam during the session.
Activities under Arohan during 2023-24:
Mentees during 2023-24 : 4,339 (65% Girls and 35% Boys)
Mentors – 9756
which include Teachers/ Principals (including those retired as well), Professors of Colleges and Universities, IAS and ACS officers, IPS and APS officers, Govt. Employees, Businessmen, Entrepreneurs, Engineers, Architects, Doctors, NGO workers, Social Activists, Public Representatives, Advocates, Banking Professionals etc.