The state of Assam is one of the first states in India and globally to start bringing SDGs into the policy discourse of the state. Under Goal 4 of SDGs, the Department of Education, Government of Assam set a vision - “All Children in School and Learning with Quality within and outside School” to address the challenges, the state of Assam is facing in education sector, and moving towards achieving universal access to inclusive and quality education from pre-primary to higher education and achieving the target of goal-4 of the SDG in state specific context. State is preparing a SDG - based state level draft Strategy Paper & Action Plan (SPAP) for achieving the Goal -4 of sustainable development goals. SSA, Assam is acting as nodal agency for coordination with all the Directorates(Elementary Education) for preparation of vision documents of SDG -4(Quality Education) on behalf of Deptt. of Elementary Education to the Govt. of Assam
Initiatives taken by SSA, Assam so far…
- Prepared draft Template for developing strategy plan for SDGs.
- Prepared 7 year Strategy Paper and 3 year Action Plan (SPAP) on SDG-4( School Education) and submitted to the Deptt. of Elementary Education to the Govt. of Assam.
- Conducted several rounds of discussion and meeting with Directorates , line Deptts. UNICEF etc. for preparation and implementation of SDG.
- Coordination with Centre for Sustainable Development Goal for various matters.
- Linking up of interventions with targets of SDG.
- Preparation of detailed agenda, brochure, themes & formation of groups of SDG conclave organized on 16th & 17th June, 2017.
- Organisation of Conclave on 16th & 17th June, 2017 for finalization of draft 7 year Strategy Paper and 3 year Action Plan (SPAP) for achieving SDG in-collaboration with Education Department , UNICEF & SDG Centre, Assam. Expert and participants from various Department/Organisation were invited for the conclave.
- Draft 7 year Strategy Paper and 3 year action Plan (SPAP) is being prepared as per recommendation of participants of the conclave.