Grievance Redressal-Toll Free centre on RTE, SSA, Assam
The grievance redressal-Toll Free cell on RTE is functioning in SSA, Assam through toll free No. 1800-345-3525 since October, 2013 in order to register and address complains and grievances related to implementation of RTE Act, 2009 in State. Success stories/case studies from across the state are also registered in the centre.
Timing of the Toll free centre: 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM on all working days.
Awareness and Dissemination:
- Display of Toll Free Number in School building, District and Block Offices of SSA
A letter has been issued by State Mission Office, instructing to display the toll free number (No. 18003453525) in prominent places on the school buildings of Govt. School, Provincialised School, T G Managed Schools, Local Body Schools and district and block offices of all the districts of Assam for greater awareness and dissemination.
Awareness through sharing meeting at the block and district level, magazines and journal advertisement and printed brochures are disseminated from time to time.
In the training of SMC members detail write-up is given for people awareness on Toll Free facility (Sikshajyoti) so that maximum people can be aware of the same.
Principles of Grievence redressal cell
Considering the nature of complaints and its sensitivity, confidentiality of names identity and other information of the caller is maintained strictly.
Broad Category of Complaints
- Teacher Absenteeism
- Teacher Irregularities
- Irregular in providing MDM
- Mismanagement of MDM fund/grains
- Poor quality of MDM
- MDM menu not followed
- Shortage of Teacher
- Admission test conducted for children
- Proxy Teacher
- Non receipt of Students entitlements- text book, uniform etc
- SMC issues
- Unavailability of Infrastructure- toilet, drinking water, desk bench, boundary wall etc
- Receipt/demand of admission fee
- Non receipt of building grant
- Delay in construction of civil works
- Violation of Civil works norms
- Closure of school before school time
- Fake enrolment
- Violation of norms
- Negligence of duty
- Inappropriate behaviour in school by teacher
Number of Complaints received in the toll free number for the year 2016-17 and Status of Redressal
|1||Valid calls registered||205|
|3||Cases under investigation||35|