The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar initiated Axom Sarba Siksha Abhijan Mission in the year 2015 as first state in India. In June 2016, the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar was awarded to selected schools.
This initiative was on the lines of the Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya, which will incentivize the schools that are performing well in maintaining the WASH facilities and leading in promotion of good hygiene behaviour among children in schools.
Objective: Motivate schools to maintain their facilities and promote good behaviour, ensure regular maintenance and usage of existing facilities and create demand in other schools for WASH facilities.
Main Parameters of assessment :
- Water Safety and Maintenance
- Hygiene practices related to MDM
- School Environment and its maintenance
- Protective and inclusive facility
- Community participation
- Toilet condition and usage
- Meal Waste Disposal Scheme
- Personal Hygiene and Awareness
- Child Participation
Process involved for selection of Swachh Vidylaya Award Schools:
- A benchmark to make a school eligible to apply for the Award has been used. Through a 4 phase assessment process
- Self-assessment procedure, schools gave scores to themselves using the SBSV 53 indicators
- District level assessment
- Third party assessment and verification by state
- WinS Task Force have been shortlisted a list of 30 finalists, who have scored more than 82 marks. Among 30 schools, 10 best schools and 6 schools for appreciation were selected
Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar
A total 16 schools were awarded with Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar by state government. 10 schools were awarded with prize money of Rs. 20,000/-, memento and a Swachh Vidyalaya Certificate and 6 schools were given certificate of appreciation with memento.
Capacity Building on Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya
- SSA & UNICEF jointly organized North East Regional Orientation on Nirmal Bharat (Now known as Swachh Bharat) followed by a exposure visit to DHaAL project.
- A day long orientation program was organized in collaboration with UNICEF to implement State level Swachh Vidylaya Puraskar. Participants of this orientation programme were all District Mission Coordinators; Districts programme Officers, District Project Engineers, Block Mission Coordinators.
- Swachh Vidyalaya component was incorporated in School Management Committee Training module. SMC members were trained on various elements of Swachh Vidyalaya.
Lets’ play in group Hand-wash with Soap before taking our food.